5176 Golden Gate Ave
4 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms
3,144 Square Feet / 7,940 Square Foot Lot
5176 Golden Gate is a classic Mediterranean style home built in 1994 by Mark Becker Inc., a Bay Area design firm specializing in high quality custom homes. The home is perched on a gentle upslope lot adjacent to Belalp Path, a 147 step thigh burning public stairway named after a Swiss village accessible only by cable car.
The home features incredible architectural details including plaster walls, arched doorways, wrought iron fixtures, railings & Juliet balconies, French exterior doors, built-in shelving, custom fireplace details, and tiled patios & roof.
The flexible floorplan provides excellent separation of space. The main level features a west facing living room with a wood burning fireplace, built in projector screen (great for movie watching), and French doors to the front patio, a large dining room open to the living room, a family room adjacent to the kitchen with hidden TV and access to the rear patio, an eat-in kitchen with large tiled island, ample cabinetry and French doors to the front patio, and a full bedroom & bathroom.
The upper level features the large master suite with private balcony & peek-a-boo views, wood burning fireplace, custom walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with claw foot tub, a tiled guest bathroom, two bedrooms, one custom fitted as a den with rich built-in shelving and the laundry room. Finally, the lowest level features “the lab” (a creative office space), “the workshop” (a tinkerer/builder’s delight) and access to the 2-car showroom garage.
The property sits on a quiet, tree-lined street in Upper Rockridge located near Village Market, Lake Temescal & Oak Bay Trail, and just 1.3 miles from Rockridge BART and 11.9 miles from San Francisco.
- Newly refinished maple floors
- New interior and exterior paint
- Wood framed windows and doors
- Attached 2-car garage
- Three fireplaces: two wood burning with gas starters and one gas burning in office
- -2-zone forced hot air heating with Nest Thermostats
- Newly installed New Zealand wool carpeting in upper bedrooms
- Eat-in kitchen with gas-burning range, large island, tiled countertop, Samsung fridge and KitchenAid dishwasher
- Laundry Room with side-by-side washer & dryer, upper cabinetry and utility sink
- Rear deck with deep yard featuring a large willow tree and wild onions
- Tiled front patios
- Filtered views from upper level and rear yard